So, a year ago I started giving the main bathroom in my Mom's house a quick little update. It had been looking pretty rough as it hadn't been updated since the 1980's.

So, this was the {sort of} before:


I say {sort of} because there was a faded blue wall-to-wall carpet that I pulled up before these photos were taken.  It was pretty gross. One of the few actual design missteps my parents every took. Luckily it pulled up easily to reveal a not too terrible vinyl floor, though it was discolored.

This was inspiration, which is a montage I did of a bunch of pretty bathrooms found on Pinterest. It's probably one of my post pinned images.  


While I would have loved to really re-do the bathroom, it wasn't in the budget, so a "cheap and cheerful" ensued.  These were my main elements that I planned on using.  My original plan was to paint the vinyl floor a glossy white and put a custom cut sisal overtop.


I did do the sisal, courtesy of the Natural Area Rug company, which offered me a free rug to try their service.  I never got around to painting the floor or swapping out the faucet, though I did install a fab rain shower head in the shower.

One of the biggest changes was painting the dark wood cabinet and mirror.

And here it is...


(real estate shot above)


 And a better shot of the rug. I definitely made a mistake not ordering it right to the walls especially since I never painted the floor. But, oh well, life has a way of intervening.

Thanks again to the Natural Area Rug company for the offer of the rug.  There ordering process was day and it's now a year old and has worn very well and gotten many compliments.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top