So, as I posted last week, I'm planning the decorations of my new little cottage by the river which I've dubbed Nook Cottage (it's in Rocky Nook). The bedroom is currently beige, which will not do! Luckily the landlord is fine with me painting.  I suppose if he weren't, I'd have to come up with some creative solution to all the beiginess. 


So, this is my basic plan - a custom headboard upholstered with Aerin for Lee Jofa's Watersedge in green, which is a cut velvet in a strie'd chevron pattern on a burlap colored linen ground. 




My general inspiration is this Charlotte Moss space which I loooove. My original plan was for it to inspire my living room, and it still will, but now also my bedroom - because I do love it just that much.


We'll get to my living room, it is teeny-tiny, but am very excited about my new sofa which I just ordered yesterday!  Okay, so back to the bedroom.

I went over to the cottage yesterday to check some measurements and also to look at paint chips in the natural light. One thing that is very important to realize is that a photograph taken on an iPhone, then uploaded and shown on different screens will not render the paper paint chip color in the same way it does the fabric color. So, while in person, this strip in my Ben Moore paint chip palette looks perfect with the fabric, it's less so in the photo.



I posted this to Facebook saying that I was leaning towards Grenada green, but thought Forest Hills might be really dramatic.  Because of course I'm friends with a lot of designers on FB, I received several alternate suggestions. So, I thought I'd check them all out and share the process.

Grenada Green #432


I often like to look at other spaces that have used a paint color and Houzz or good old Google images is my "go-to" resource for this.



Any my rendering with Ben Moore Grenada Green #432:



Ben Moore Forest Hills Green #433




Probably a little too dark, I'm thinking.


Ben Moore Central Park Green #431





Central Park is slightly lighter than Grenada. I like this one too!

This is Ben Moore Landscape #430






A little too pale, but very pretty.

Benjamin Moore November Rain






Definitely too pale.


Ben Moore Castleton Mist HC-1

I used this color in my New Hampshire Farmhouse project. It was very pretty and lively in that space, but it's not right for my bedroom. 



I usually default to the Historic Colors on the chart, but I think that for this space and fabric, they are too muted.


(Again, the photo isn't rendering the colors correctly, but in person, the fabric is not as yellow.)

So, do you have a preference? I'm going to move onto paint sampling Grenada and Central Park, I think. Or just Grenada, the color my eye goes to first is usually my favorite one anyway...

I am still looking for fabric for the drapery. I thought I had one picked out, but it's no longer in production and the alternative they sent doesn't work. But, I need to get going on paint selecting so I think the fabric for the windows will be a later decision.


btw - it took me longer to create this post than it did to render the different colors in my design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top