My new little Nook Cottage home has a small back hall which leads out to a deck and the backyard. The stacking washer and dryer are in a large closet on the left of the door.


Oddly, the washer/dryer were kind of sticking out into the hall and the closet doors were stuck open. I asked the landlord if it could be pushed back and the doors taken off, which luckily they could be.  It's great to have this space and that it's out of sight from the main area of the house. My plan has been to create a multi-functional mudroom/laundry room/storage closet/ coat closet.











There are some really great ideas out there. Of course, adding built-ins isn't really the best use of the budget when it's a rental property, but small customizations and things that can be moved down the road are definite considerations.



As you can see in this picture, there is a closet on the left in the foreground that will come in very handy for storage. Currently, it's filled with unpacked boxes, but I'm hoping to get it to the point where I can at least store my vacuum, Swiffer and brooms - in other words, my taller items. This way, I can get some nice shelving going in the back hall for cleaning supplies and a recycling center. A small surface to fold laundry would be great too, if possible. It's a lot of cramming into a small space.

These are my plans so far:







It's still a work in progress, but I do have the rugs, boot tray, dog leash holder and wrought iron coat hooks - so, it's just a matter of getting it organized and all installed. I take RoyRoy out for walks via this back door which keeps dirt or wet from shoes and paws in one spot and keeps the front door entrance cleaner as a result.

I'd love to hear your mudroom/laundry room ideas - so please share!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top