January is home organizing month and certainly many of us include getting organized in our New Year's resolutions. Well, I didn't, exactly, but I did write an article for Networx.com on the subject, which is linked below.

 



I do love a pretty mudroom - so practical with so many decorative possibilities, even in the tiniest of spaces. I just saw this very pretty and useful looking Hall Tree that is new at Wisteria.
This is a mudroom image than I pinned on Pinterest quite a while ago that was the inspiration for the mudroom space I recommended to the clients referenced in the article above.

And I did love the mudroom designed by Linda Woodrum for HGTV's 2010 Green Home in Plymouth, MA. A combination laundry room/mudroom, the small space packed a big punch. It was located just inside the garage door entrance to the home, which made it perfect for mudroom use. (Photos by me. )
It's amazing how the simplest of spaces can have such impact. This mudroom space by Miles Redd.

And whose rainy day wouldn't be brightened by this lovely little space? BHG via Centsational Girl.
So, did you make any resolutions to be more organized in your life? I started by saying that I didn't make a resolution to be more organized at my home, but I am working to get more organized in my business processes. I'm currently trying to get my contacts databases all in one place and will be outsourcing that job (once I'm, err, more organized..) and I am testing Design Manager software to see if it's worth the work to have it replace my current Quick Books. If you're a designer or architect - what do you use to keep your books and client project details organized?


If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks!  Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top