I'm excited to share that I'll be headed to LA at the end of the week to participate in a design bloggers retreat hosted by Bosch and BLANCO. Bosch has just opened a new "experience and design center" in Irvine, CA and our group will be among the first to check it out. The schedule is packed with interesting sessions, including a panel discussion with editors from Dwell magazine on trends in European and modern kitchen design. Plus, of course, reviewing new products in both company's lines.
 

I was reviewing BLANCO's website and downloaded their iPad app to test it out. On their site, they include a nice feature that allows us to see a specific sink with a specific counter surface, as you can see below.

The iPad app goes one step further with larger images and more choices. For instance, if you already have a counter in place, or have one decided on, you can see how different sinks will look against your counter material.

 

 

Conversely, if you've selected your sink but want to see how it will look against different surfaces, you can do that too.

 

There are 18 design bloggers attending, some of whom I know in actual real life (!) and others I'm excited to meet! More to come on that. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to my first chance to see the Pacific Ocean. While I've lived nearly all my life right on the Atlantic coastline, I've never seen the left coast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top