I wanted to share my iPhone pics of these amazing lighting displays that have been illuminating Sandwich, MA on Cape Cod the past few holiday seasons. Each year, there are bigger and better than ever.  Many are right on Rte 6A between Barnstable and Sandwich Center.

Riverview School

Titcomb's Bookstore - note how the light sculpture mimics the statue under their sign?

Sand Dollar Realty


Sandwich Glass Studio

Love this angel!


Hard to tell from the angle, but a baseball player

The Beehive Tavern

St. John's Episcopal Church

And my favorite (and worst photo!) is at The Weather Store which specializes in weather related instruments, weather vanes, cupolas, etc. It's the God of Wind, blowing - so cool. Another interesting thing to note are the lanterns hanging off the ends of the porch roof - they are lit by strings of light as opposed to a single light bulb, and look really lovely. Something to tuck away for future use.

I hope you had a lovely holiday yesterday, whether you celebrate Christmas or just enjoyed a day off at the movies. I'm dying to see Les Miz - anyone seen it yet?


If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks! Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top