Well, I know summer is drawing to a close, suddenly, my days are filling up with deadlines faster than I can get them written on the calendar!  I have a few things to share...



On the Williams-Sonoma Designer Marketplace blog, I have a new article called Turning the Dining Room Into a Multi-Functional Space.  I love a formal dining room - but they are not always practical in many homes and today's lifestyles. But the value of having a truly "grown-up" space where the family can celebrate holidays and milestones and guests can feel celebrated as well is inestimable in my opinion. So, rather than thing of them as expensive spaces used sporadically, make them do double duty!

Like a library: 

Mark Badgley and James Mischka's Kentucky library


Windsor Smith - House of Windsor for Veranda Magazine


Or a music room like I did for clients with a very large dining room and no need for a huge dining table:



In my Dream House, I am planning on a library/dining room that could serve as a meeting and entertaining space for clients as its right off the home office and the kitchen.


This is very rough, I still need to work on the cabinetry design, but just go give an idea what I'm thinking of. The home office is behind the double doors and the door to the back hall and kitchen is on the right, opposite the window.

Anyway, have a read over at Williams-Sonoma and let me know what you think!



I spent much of last week updating my website - I still have some work to do, but I'm excited about making this change - it feels fresher somehow!

I'm headed off to Chatham today to meet up with a design friend to do a little shopping. On Tuesday I'm headed to the Boston Design Center to find some fabrics and other items for a couple of client projects. And, hopefully, by the end of the week I'll be able to share the cover of the September issue of Cape Cod magazine, which is featuring a project I did in Truro, MA. I haven't seen any of the photos - so am waiting with baited breath!!






If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks! Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top