I drove by this old home today while visiting my parents on Cape Cod and just loved the Halloween decorations! I've never seen anything quite as eye catching before. I'll admit it - not a big Halloween fan. Oh - I love the kiddies in costumes, I love the taste testing each candy brand to be sure they are all ok to give to the kiddies in costumes, but that's pretty much it. I don't generally get around to decorating myself. It could be that I'm not a fan of the color palette (looks good on trees, not on my door!). It could also be that I don't like mums or any kind of dried arrangements. I know, I'm a bit of a humbug. However, I do get a kick out of thes intriguing items:


I love this Spider Web chandelier in theory - but since I am scared to death of spiders, it wouldn't work in practice. (shudder, shudder...)


I posted about these Crystal Skulls by Fabian Baron from Swarovski's Crystal Palace collection a couple of weeks ago. Pretty great for Halloween!

How "once upon a midnight dreary..." are these Rococco Plates from Chiasso?


The Gashlycrumb Tinies: or, After the Outing is a book written by Edward Gorey that was first published in 1963. Gorey tells the tale of 26 children (each representing a letter of the alphabet) and their untimely demise in rhyming dactylic couplets, such as "A is for Amy who fell down the stairs. B is for Basil assaulted by bears."


I am loving these Mortimer Bust candles from Urban Materials and Accessories? They're meant to melt in strange and messy ways.

Are you dressing up yourself or your house for Halloween this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top