I was so lucky to attend the opening cocktail party for Dining By Design Boston last evening! I'm going to post a few preview party pics - I have TONS more to share! But, it means I have lots of editing to do. So, this is a quick preview. They have public viewings today - which I highly recommend - and the big dinner tonight. And, let's not forget the worthwhile AIDS charities that DBD supports. The Boston organization behind the event is Community Research Initiative of New England which supports clinical research. A big thank you and shout out to Erin Malloy and Cary Raymond for their kind invitation to the event! And with a quick little thought to my dear JC, who didn't benefit from the work of such organizations. Still missing you after 18 years!

Some highlights, with more pics and designer details to follow!

Fotene Designs

Dennis Duffy Designs

My martini - shaken, not stirred!

Mark Cristofi, Marcus Gleesteen, Jim Catalin with Woodmeister Master Builders

Doug Wilson

Two of my lovely design collegues - Teresa Burnett of Willow Designs and Jo Remillard, designer

Some lovely little lemon sorbets

Attendees enjoying the table spaces


My favorite space - which I was calling the Black Versailles - designed by Charles Fletcher. This space is hard to photograph, but was spectacular and centered around a large male nude. All the tables will rotate around creating one large table in the center for the dinner - creating community. Gorgeous!!And here I am with Charles Fletcher!

As I said, more pics to follow. But, head on down today and you get two events for one - as the Boston Design Center is hosting a concurrent "Shop by Design" event:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top