As I mentioned yesterday, I visited a couple of the homes that will be on the Holly Days House Tour this coming Sunday to see what they are up to with their decor and to get more information about for the tour booklet. This is the second home I visited - which is actually a B&B called The Annabelle Bed & Breakfast. (note that the website has not yet been updated from the prior owner - the interiors are being re-decorated).  The house is under new ownership and the tour is her "hello!" to the town. Marcatherine, that's the new owner, isn't opening for business until April 1st, so I was excited to get inside this beautiful house. The image above is from their website on a day much nicer than the day I was there!


Marcatherine was busy decking the halls and didn't  know I'd be taking photos, so the outside wasn't done yet. Based on what she has going on on the inside, I'm sure the outside is now just spectacular! She was also still tinkering with the interiors as well, so these are technically "works in progress".

Here's the write up from the program book:
 
Built in 1999, the award winning Annabelle Inn was modeled after the historic 1759 Henry Wadsworth Longfellow House in Cambridge.  This bed and breakfast features the best of two worlds where gracious Georgian style architecture meets the comforts required by today’s sophisticated traveler. Conveniently located in-town, the two-acre private setting sits high atop a hill creating a private oasis. Beautifully appointed guest rooms with private balconies overlook the gardens. The main level features an elegant formal entrance festooned for the season, a large dining room, lovely fireplaced sitting parlor, a cooks-kitchen with a sizable dining space as well as a cozy breakfast room. The Annabelle Inn is under new ownership and is re-opening for overnight guests on April 1, 2012. 


A beautiful crystal chandelier has since been installed in the dining room. 









This tree is in the top of the kitchen staircase, which is also visible from the main entrance at the top of the front stairs.

Beautiful, no?

Meanwhile, I spent the last couple of days decorating the 1830 Quince Tree Inn B&B alongside the owners. It's a cozy, old-time place and I had fun setting up some trees and decorating in the foyer, as well as generally fluffing up what the owners were doing. I think he was ready to see me leave today... ;-)


Here's a bad pic I took when I was leaving on Monday. You can see one of my trees in the center window on the 2nd floor. The owners did the outside.

There are 14 homes on the tour - so it should be a nice day trip down to Cape Cod. Ticket info here. There are also some great shops in town, so a nice way to get some Christmas shopping done as well!

I'll be taking photos on Sunday morning before the tour begins.


If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks!
 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top