As I've written previously, I've been working on the Sandwich, MA Holly Days Home Tour, which is this coming Sunday, December 11th. I spent some time visiting a couple of home's on the tour to learn more about their houses for the program write up and to see what they're decorations were looking like. Because I'll be at the house I am decorating during the tour, I won't be able to see the rest of the houses! So, I was happy to go visit a couple of the homeowners and see what they've been doing.

This beautiful home is the Joseph Harrison House and here's the writeup I did for the tour booklet:


You will be stepping into a piece of Sandwich’s glassmaking history when you enter this beautiful Cape house originally owned by Sandwich & Boston Glass Company founder Deming Jarves. Built in 1830, the house was transferred to Joseph Harrison in 1858 and has been lovingly maintained and updated ever since. With beautiful views of impeccably landscaped gardens and lawn overlooking the marsh and bay beyond, the house features a remodeled kitchen with cherry floors and cabinets and craftsman-built brick fireplaces with beehive oven and wood boxes. The living room boasts newly laid hard pine floors made from 100 year old reclaimed wood while the front door features bulls-eye glass.  The formal dining room is cozy and elegant and the tablescape is a Christmas feast for the eyes.  Filled with the modern conveniences of life, this home is still true to its early history and is a warm and inviting place to stop in.











The next sneak peak will be a beautiful and award winning bed and breakfast. Meanwhile, I'm knee deep in ribbons and greens in the house I am working on. It's also a B&B and I'm helping the innkeepers with their lovely 1800's period home. Photos to come!

Tour info here.

All photos by Linda Merrill




Oh, and a big THANK YOU and shoutout to Monika of Splendid Willow for including my thoughts in her "2 Cents" feature this week. The topic is holiday gift ideas. So, if you want to pick up some really good ones from some wonderful bloggers and designers, check it out!


 
If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks!
 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top