Cecelia Walker Design | Photo by Eric Roth

I wrote a while ago about the Boston Jr. League Showhouse and had mentioned the back hall designed by Cecelia Walker. Transition spaces are tricky in show houses (really, any house) because as a designer, you want to make an impression on visitors and you only have a second to do so. When I visited the house, I thought that the wallpaper Cecelia had used, Graham & Brown's Sherwood Gray, was visually interesting without being overdone. The exuberance of the pattern is toned down by the neutral gray colors, which I liked.


 Cecelia Walker Design | Photo by Eric Roth

This paper is really a fun transitional pattern and can be used in a variety of spaces and styles.





And because I liked this paper so much, I thought it would work well in a bathroom I did recently. It's a very small bathroom with white and gray marble, white woodwood and gray floors. Happily, my client's loved it too, and so here it is!

Design and photo by Linda Merrill 



Design by Linda Merrill | Photo by Michael J. Lee

While I normally don't like to see the same pattern or fabric in a million different venues, it's fun to see how the same pattern looks in different situations. 





If you'd like help creating your dream house - contact me!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top