It'll come as no surprise when I report that Charlotte Moss attracted a large crowd at the Boston Design center yesterday. Everyone seemed very uplifted by her talk, which was centered around the theme of "Ageless Decoration".  She showcased the work of many design luminaries such as David Hicks, Albert Hadley, Axel Vervoordt and more. Okay, I admit, my note taking was sparse! There were women too, but a lot of men were showcased. However, the main takeaway was what these amazing designers had in common: they all lived, Lived, LIVED! Every aspect of their lives was dedicated to beauty and living a beautiful life. They were/are well dressed, well traveled, knew how to entertain and in all things, lived the fine life.

Here is a screen grab of my very few tweets. You can see the real one's here to access the links: https://twitter.com/Surroundings



Charlotte signing her book Charlotte Moss: A Visual Life: Scrapbooks, Collages, and Inspirations in the Century Furniture showroom.


Charlotte is famous for her passion for scrapbooking - her whole book above features some of her amazing collages. She collects images from literally everywhere and has volume after volume filled with her creations - sorted by color, theme, you name it. As she says, her glue stick is her best friend (or something like that).


One of her pieces for Century Furniture is the Tupelo Scrap Booking Table. I'd seen it online and it didn't really call out to me till I saw it in the showroom.

Gorgeous to look at and so functional. I want one!

Truly though, as Charlotte says, it's just decorating. One of the best things to love about Charlotte is her philanthropy. I found this article posted on her blog:


Living a fine life indeed.


If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks! Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top