With the advent of computer technology becoming ever easier for the average person to use, there are a plethora of options when it comes to project renderings for interior design work. Over a decade ago when I was working on my decorative arts certificate at the Boston Architectural College, most of my professors required all hand-drawn and painted floorplans, elevations and perspective renderings for our projects. I realized very quickly that while I truly loved doing it, drawing by hand does not come that easily to me. It takes me a very long time to produce decent, if not a bit tortured looking, drawings.


When running a business, especially as a solo-practitioner, time is truly money and spending hours rendering plans isn't the best use of time. I could have taken CAD classes at the school as well, but the timing never really worked out. And so, I've since spent many hours (more hours!) testing different ways of creating visual presentations for my clients. I'm still enamored with the process of hand-renderings but generally my handwork is limited to drawing elevations for specific details on projects.


I asked a couple of designer friends of mine whose rendering work is really spectacular to share a bit of their processes:

Michelle Morelan:



John Kelsey:

Click here to read on... 

If you're looking to create a beautiful home, contact me to learn about the possibilities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top