Every time I see a Wolf range or Christian Louboutin shoes, I kind of have the same thought. What if the red doesn't match the rest of the piece, outfit or interiors?? Is this quintessential "pop" of color worth setting off my color OCD? Am I the only one who's crazy like this?

After all, do these red soles really "work" with these gold paillette peep-toe pumps? I think the red looks snappy with the black pumps, but seems all little too attention pulling and even casual for the blingy uppers. Would one feel the need to paint their toes to match?

 

And how about these? For me, the combination of patent leather, straw and the red sole seems too much a mixing of textures.

As for this lovely shoe, don't you think the red just looks silly? Would you feel the need to bring in some red somewhere else just to pull it all together?

 

For instance, these are nice kitchens, but don't you get the feeling that they brought in the other red elements to match the red knobs on the range? As an all white space, it works, of course.

This is beautiful, much like the sexy black pumps at the start of this post - elegant, simple, striking.

But what of this? Are the red knobs pulling the eye too much, or is it fine because it's an expected feature of the brand?

I think the black knobs were a nice choice in this kitchen that is highlighting natural elements.

It's a small detail, but I think this busy space could have used the plainer black knobs.

 

Design is all in the details and this one got me thinking, over-thinking, perhaps. I'd love to know your thoughts.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top