Tonight is the launch of this year's AD 20/21 Art Show at the Boston Cyclorama. Fifty select exhibitors will be offering modern to contemporary fine art, photography, jewelry, vintage and contemporary studio furniture, decorative arts, sculpture, fine prints, drawings and more. It's the only show of its kind in New England.

Vicente Wolf

The show starts off with a Gala Preview Party tonight with proceeds benefiting my alma mater The Boston Architectural College. Design star Vicente Wolf will be honored with a lifetime achievement award at the Gala as well. We interviewed Vicente at The Skirted Roundtable last year, so I'm doubly excited to finally meet him in person!


The show itself opens at 1:00 on Friday. Vicente will be signing his latest book "Lifting the Curtain on Design" and will be giving talk on the infusion of global design and style into his work. The talks are at 1:30 and 3:00. I believe the 1:30 is full, but the 3:00 may still have space. There are several talks by different speakers throughout the weekend - info here.



I'm excited to see that my friend Ray Bachand of 60Nobscot will be exhibiting his fine woodworking.


And Peter Levis of BG Galleries in Hingham, whom I featured in my summer 2011 magazine.



As an added bonus, the 13th Annual Boston Print Fair is taking place concurrently with AD20/21 - so, lot's to see in Boston this weekend! A big thanks to Fusco & Four Ventures who have been doing an amazing job bringing great art shows back to Boston!

If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks! Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top