When I did my New England Connections at the AD Show post, I neglected to mention that the New Traditionalists furniture line is made in New England. I love the color of this adorable little night stand - it's both exuberant and sophisticated. Called "Side Table No. 84", its drawer face color is called Plum and it is truly the color of beach plumb flowers.


And the zebra print headboard is certainly an eye-catcher!


I've always been a sucker for an OTT little girls bedroom and Rooms by Zoya B designs usually grab the attention of my inner 5 year old girl. I'd totally put that lamp next to the bed in my own bedroom. Pink gives off such a flattering glow to girls of any age!



I'm not a gardener, but I do love a garden and well manicured garden pots and plantings. Having a full-time gardener is on my life list of wants. These classic looking garden pots from Pennoyer Newman are made in New York from lightweight resign and pummeled marble and rock and then cast. They were amazingly lightweight, yet they claim they won't age or crack if left outside in the winter.

Totally loved these eglomisé tiles by Simes Studios that were featured at the Modenus stand. Eglomisé (reverse painting on glass) is such an old-world art and rarely employed anymore. Simes Studios has really captured the classic essence of the art in very modern designs. They make backsplash tiles that are to die for, and really, the sky would be the limit when it comes to design, colorways, patterns, etc.









Grange Furniture is one of my favorite lines. I spent a lovely evening at a swank party in their Paris shop a couple of years ago and they do know how to throw a fete. Their modern updates of classic French styles are always winners.


These big wall mirrors from Brooklyn based Palo Samko literally called to me from across the show floor. The simplicity is truly arresting.

This hand-blown glass chandelier from Strawser & Smith, Inc is surely an eye-catcher.


I always love getting the underbelly view of lighting.





And here I am at Modenus' stand, with my favorite item of the show - a Jimmie Martin dachshund pillow - well, the front half of it anyway! I'm a sucker for anything with a doxie on it!


The Architectural Digest Home Show isn't that big - about 400 stands - but after a day of traipsing about...



If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks! Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

1 comments:

 
Top